Friday, August 13, 2010

The Busido Entrepreneur

Greeting Friends,

An entrepreneur should have core values. These values shape your reputation and become the foundation of your character. Regardless of your industry, ultimately all business is people business. All things being equal, people want to do business with their friends. All things being not so equal, people still want to do business with their friends.

So, what does this have to do with Bushido? Bushido is translated as The Way of the Samurai. Bushido came about as a fusion of Buddhism and Shintoism. Bushido is known to have 7 Principles:

  1. Gi: the right decision, taken with equanimity.
  2. Yu: bravery tinged with heroism.
  3. Jin: universal love, benevolence toward man; compassion.
  4. Rei: right action; courtesy.
  5. Makato: sincerity; truthfulness.
  6. Melyo: honor
  7. Chugo: devotion, loyalty.
Zen and Martial Arts have been a big influence on my life and I like these 7 Principles of Bushido. Using these principles as the foundation for my character, I will attract like minded people who share these values and therefore relationships can be built.

I have been asked what does my tag name mean (MikeCREI). MikeC represents my given name and the REI is principle #4. No matter what your values are or what you say, you will always be judged by your actions. Actions are the live presentation of our core values. When your actions contradict your principles, then you know you have some work to do. Another way I express it is I like to BE about it, not talk about it.

Stay true to yourself and your values and success will find you.

Thanks for reading. Please comment and share.

MikeCREI
"Building Wealth One Friend at a Time"
www.mikecrei.com

No comments:

Post a Comment