Thursday, July 22, 2010

Freemium to Premium

Hello Friends,

What is Freemium?

Freemium is a business model in which a company provides its core product or service for free and generates revenue through secondary sources. This model was made popular by internet based companies such as Google and Social Media sites.

When I began my current entrepreneurial journey I was strapped for cash, had limited resources, and I was taking on an industry I knew little about. I did not let that stop me. After all, this is the information age. My philosophy is information is free though knowledge comes at a price. I was willing to access the information and my price has been time, patience, and perseverance.

Since I had little money I knew I had to find another way. I came up with a motto, to accomplish as much as I can with as many free resources as possible. So that has been my mission and I will share some of them with you.

  1. Google: What can I say? I’m a Google fan boy. So many free tools to get your internet and/or offline business going. They deserve a post all to themselves. Gmail, Blogger, Groups, Docs, Calendar, and Voice! The list goes on. Wave is interesting too and I think will be the new way to “email”.
  2. Zoho: If you’re a Google hater, then Zoho is a great alternative. They have similar tools as Google does with some unique features as well. Well worth a look.
  3. Open Office: Why does MS Office cost so much in 2010? If you’re like me and need a fantastic alternative take a look at Open Office.
  4. Skype: Keeps me connected. As of writing this, I do not use a cell phone due to Skype and Google Voice.
  5. Meebo: IM is fun and effective. Meebo lets you get all your IM clients into one place.
  6. Personal Brain: This is an awesome organization tool. I’m a visual thinker and this is awesome for getting my thoughts together as well as keeping my information organized.
  7. Yola: Excellent web hosting and easy to use drag and drop web design.
  8. Bravenet: Great web marketing tools.
  9. Weebly: I just came across Weebly. It’s like Yola and Bravenet combined with more high end look to it. I wish I found it earlier!
  10. The Library: Enoch Pratt Free Library in Baltimore was my office for about a year. I'm considering relocating soon and the Public Library wherever I end up will be my office in the beginning there too!

These are just some of the resources I used to get my business and my life on the road to success. There are many others in all areas. Feel free to comment and share any other free resources you use.

Thanx
MikeCREI
“Building Wealth One Friend at a Time”

No comments:

Post a Comment